Want to keep oily skin at bay during the monsoon? Here are easy skin care tips | fashion trends
With the monsoon season almost upon us, it is necessary to make some changes in our skincare routine as the monsoon brings about increased levels of humidity which could be the worst enemy for people with oily skin and can lead to the production of excess sebum by their sebaceous glands. which makes the skin oily. Not a pleasant sight, right? Since the skin is oily, it can also lead to the accumulation of more dirt, grime and other impurities causing breakouts.
If you’ve been looking for tips to keep excess fat at bay during the monsoon, welcome to the right place as we’ve sorted you with ultimate skincare tips and hacks from monsoon beauty experts for fight unwanted oil and display smooth, healthy and glowing skin. In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Deep Lalvani, Founder of Sublime Life, said, “You can also opt for products that contain ingredients like tea tree oil, green tea, or aloe vera, which are mostly antibacterial in nature or the most clarifying. essentials based on kaolin clay or bentonite. We also suggest not wearing heavy makeup or going to bed with makeup on – it just invites bacteria to damage your skin.
He added: “We know that battling oil and grease on your face can be a little tricky, especially with the weather and high humidity, but with the right products in your stash and the best advice, navigating through the monsoon season is a walk in the park!” Suggesting making some changes to your skincare regimen, checking out what works best for your skin type, and giving you the best results and hold on to it, he shared:
1. Don’t forget to clean- Yes, it is important to cleanse your face in the morning but during the monsoon you can do it two or three times a day to get rid of impurities from your face. Just make sure you don’t use a harsh chemical-based cleaner. It is important to unclog clogged pores and let them breathe a little. We also recommend a double cleanse as it is guaranteed to effectively remove all oil and dirt from your skin.
2. Don’t let your skin dry out – Monsoons are no reason not to use moisturizer. Don’t skip a moisturizer at all and opt for something lightweight that easily blends into your skin and hydrates it without a greasy end result.
3. Toners are essential – Make it a priority to use a gentle, exfoliating toner. Toning your skin maintains pH balance and gets rid of excess oil. It also helps clarify all remaining traces of impurities and prevents the appearance of acne.
4. Mud mask your way to fame – If there’s one product that definitely completes your monsoon skincare routine, it’s a mud mask or you can also opt for a clay mask. With antibacterial and exfoliating properties, they deeply clean pores, absorb unwanted oil and firm your skin.
According to Mansi Vyas, co-founder of Azafran, “Humidity can cause several skin problems during the monsoon and if you already have oily skin, you need to be very careful about it.” She listed a few things you need to instill in your daily routine to keep your skin clear, soft and glowing even during the monsoon:
1. Avoid rubbing – Since the weather is already humid, the skin will be wet, repeatedly rubbing it may damage your skin barrier. Gently scrub your skin once a week with a gentle scrub.
2. Don’t skip the moisturizer – You might feel like your skin doesn’t need moisturizer during this season, but it’s extremely necessary to keep it hydrated so that your oil glands don’t secrete extra oil. Keeping the skin hydrated also keeps the skin barrier intact, which helps prevent irritation and acne.
3. Use mud masks – Mud/clay is rich in minerals and has the unique ability to absorb excess oil from your skin. Use mud face masks twice a week to keep your skin looking healthy and glowing without the greasy!
4. Don’t forget the sunscreen – Whatever the season, UVA and UVB rays can damage your skin and induce pigmentation, wrinkles and reduce skin elasticity. So even if you don’t leave the house and there’s no sun, be sure to apply sunscreen every day.
Megha Asher, co-founder and COO of Juicy Chemistry, said that as the monsoons arrive, most of us have oilier skin – due to increased humidity and acne-related problems. She too added to the list of tips on how to manage skin during the monsoon:
1. Use light hydration – Toners and gels are your best friends during the humid months. Aloe vera gel, for example, is a great option. Aloe Vera is moisturizing, soothing and rich in vitamins and minerals. Similarly, you can also opt for Rosewater and Aloe Vera toners. Both work well for oily skin and rose water is also known to help reduce the appearance of pores and brighten skin.
2. Don’t overdo the cleaning – Most people tend to assume that the best way to keep skin from getting oilier is to constantly wash and cleanse it. Opt for gentle cleansers with nourishing ingredients that cleanse the skin without stripping away moisture.
3. Use the right assets – If you have oily, acne-prone skin, a BHA serum could make a huge difference. BHAs or Beta Hydroxy Acids are oil-soluble exfoliating acids that help remove dirt, grime, and excess oil from your pores, soothe and control acne, and help balance the skin.
4. Use a detoxifying and purifying mask – Once or twice a week, treat yourself to a little TLC and get masked! Face masks are a great way to nourish and detoxify the skin. Opt for antioxidant-rich ingredients and clay-based masks.
5. Never skip sunscreen – Whatever the weather, sun protection is a must, and choosing the right sunscreen can also help balance your skin’s oil production.